Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dear #1 Mom,

Well for starting off the new year, our mission president is issuing an extermination order of old habits and the plateau of types of effort. Elder Bednar said: "If you only do what you've always done, you will get what you've always gotten." - A wonderful truth that President Back put in his letter. So our mission is to develop more faith that they may find more. I have seen how I can improve in finding, especially since I have the gift of finding, and increasing faith means increasing God's hand in your efforts, so our studies are going to focus on us increasing our faith, and I am excited for that and putting forth an extra amount of change in effort and faith. It'll be awesome. Our mission president was definitely inspired to be here and he is amazing.
 
As for this week, the highlight was definitely taking to you and the family on Skype. Afterwards I gave a prayer of thanks and love for the ability to have that, and to have such a wonderful family that I am privileged to be a part of, and for the covenants that we can make that bring greater happiness than anything else. I am not trunky though. I think it's such a bummer that Elder Z. Cederlof's Mission President thinks it will make the missionaries trunky. I think I would be a bit trunky if I were to only hear your voice and not be able to see you - that's my personal belief, but did the phone call work well? Hopefully much better than last time with the complications.
As for the rest of the week, lots of people weren't home and so we didn't get to teach many lessons, but we were able to see T, and he hadn't been to church for a few weeks, and he said that us stopping by made the difference for him coming to church this week because he probably wasn't going to, but then he did! Also, we stopped by a sister member's home just to say hello, and it turned out that she, just before we arrived, was thinking about not coming to church and was having a hard time reading her scriptures, and she did come to church the next day so that was a miracle. She's a single mother and is struggling a bit, but she's lovely.

Well that pretty much is my week right there. In the flat we are having a chess tournament, and we are getting another board from a member so we'll also be doing team chess, and it's going to be epic. I do have two questions:  When does Utah State start?  When do I need to start choosing the classes?
 
Love you, Mom, and you are so great, and great to Landon and Melissa, and a great wife to Dad.

Love,
Elder Justin Cederlof

No comments:

Post a Comment