Monday, January 13, 2014

I don't have my planner on me, and my memory is not the greatest - so much room for improvement there - so I will try to include things that have happened this past week.
 
Once again, for this new transfer, which started yesterday, I am with Elder Howse. He has been my only companion for this whole time. There must be something to be done here in Tuggeranong. There is definitely a lot to be done, people to see, etc. and I am so glad to still be here with him to serve those people.
 
In our weekly or montly new letter from the mission, I read a fantastic quote that just is too awesome to describe, so I won't.
 
Christ says "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work, I want YOU. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked - the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself, my own will shall become yours." (C.S. Lewis)
 
Such an amazing and inspiring quote. It is overwhelming to think that we are given doctrine about God and that being Almighty, he would speak unto us, offering the opportunities of the eternities. And to think that I get to be involved in sharing that opportunity and knowledge of God and His plan to others, to bring them unto Christ, is just amazing and obviously not fully understood. I don't think I will ever understand how magnificent this opportunity to serve was until after mortality.
 
This week has not been the best of weeks, though there was enjoyment in doing 24 hour splits with other missionaries. Our visits and key indicators were down - but shall be avenged. Mutherun, an investigator, has accepted the invitation to baptism, and we are excited to be pushing for that date. Fellowship will make all the difference, and we are blessed with that.
 
I have not much to write concerning this past weeks history, but I can write of the spirituality of this week. It is kind of odd to think about the gospel in the idea of us being totally not involved with obtaining the message. Can we come to know God by our own means - forever no. It was given, a blessed gift. And to think that most do not know the fullness, and yet we have it - dumbfounding. And furthermore, to think that we can be privileged vessels to share that, mere mortal me to another person - just humbling.
 
Besides writing that I can say not much more, for words do not fully depict. I can testify, however, that I am filled with the Holy Ghost, and my testimony is at its peak, and there is so much more room to grow. Also being out here, you see your carnal self more than ever, and you see the need to kill it, slaughter it, destroy it completely, for it is the enemy. That's the cool thing about being out here and having afflictions. That's the marvelous thing about having a companion that is different than me. It's fantastic.
 
I love you all and what great times to come.
 
Elder Cederlof

No comments:

Post a Comment