Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Week of Miracles

My testimony has increased so much this past week. I stand all amazed when I think of the power of God that I've been privileged to have this past week. It has also been humbling, because during the experience, it's like I am the investigator or less active because I sit there as well, as the power of God takes control and makes itself manifest. I can never boast of myself.
The first miracle was with a father, Puteho, and his son, Swanni. This was the second lesson, which we were teaching about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. The lesson was good, concerns were met, though Puteho still has some issues with our church and the center of it being on Christ.
However, the miracle came while we were leaving. Elder Howse and I were in the front yard, but Puteho still had concerns and Elder Howse spoke to him while I spoke to Swanni. Then and there, Swanni told me of an experience during the lesson. He had not been really focusing, and was drifting off, but at the time, a voice told him to listen to us, for we would show him the true church. When he told me of that experience, I felt the spirit and I was amazed. Swanni really wants to learn and to come unto Christ. He also, for this new year, wants to change and become a better person.
Another miracle was acknowledged when Elder Howse and I went over to visit a less active named Darren. He invited us over for dinner--huge burgers: two patties worth of meat cooked with jalapenos and sauces in between. After dinner, he invited us into the main room or family room to sit and chat. Darren brought up our last visit, where we watched President Thomas S. Monson's talk "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee".  That talk had spoken to him. The spirit testified to him of the need to change and to come back to church. He prayed unto the Lord between these two visits, and received guidance to come to church. Darren testified of the power of prayer.  That whole time, I felt the spirit. I truly felt humbled, sitting back on the chair and feeling the power of God being made manifest in Darren's experience and the experience we had the night he told us of his experience. He will be coming to church this upcoming Sunday.  Glory to God!
Those two experiences have testified unto me that this church is true and that God lives. Never before have I had such experiences. The mission is amazing, and I am truly privileged to serve it.
Jesse should be back very soon. We are waiting to get back in contact with Maria. Gwen is doing great. She's been to church. Elder Howse and I have taught her the Restoration and she believes the Book of Mormon is true. Now she just needs that divine answer to testify unto her. She looks at us as her grandchildren and has offered to iron our shirts. She's a gem. We love her so much.
We have a lot of potential investigators and are excited for this week to change those to investigators. The work is going wonderful here. The longer I am here, the more I love it. After the trial of our faith, we receive a witness. I testify of that, especially for this week. My faith is stronger than it could be if I did not serve a mission. The mission truly is worth any sacrifice. What a great opportunity of the eternities. May we go forward in faith, until that beautiful day when we have faith no longer, but know Him. These things I say in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment