Monday, September 23, 2013

Australia is Wonderful!


Dear Everyone,

        Australia is wonderful. Everything is different here: the vegetation is immensive, the cities are chopped up into villages separated by trees and trees and trees. The clouds are different, the humidity is different, and the mountains are different. The birds are pretty here, but sound awful. There is a black bird resembling a large raven and it sounds like a messed up goat.

       I have seen many kangaroo, though there aren't as many as I thought there'd be. The accents are also not as crazy as I thought they'd be, though the accents are thicker in the north.

     I am adjusted to the sleeping hours now, though there are times in the day where I feel like crashing, and nine-thirty at night is killer.

     The main work to be done here is to help the inactive members. At least 40% are not active--crazy. My companion and I, his name is Elder Howse, are doing great and we enjoy each other's company--I hope. He is from Michigan and is from a family that makes candy, chocolate, and fudge. He's excellent at knowing and talking to the people. I do hope I can get to know the people, for that's not one of my best skills.

       The Lord's hand is evident here, and I have been praying and praying to love the people. And now I do. That can make all the difference in the work, whether or not you love the people, and because you love them, you want to serve them, and to bring them closer to God through the missionary purpose: to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

      I hope I will learn how to serve these people and to be the best tool in the hands of God that I can be. I think of all of you and can't wait to see you once again, for that day shall come.

Love,

Elder Cederlof, Firstborn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment