Thursday, September 5, 2013

1st Letter!


Hello Everybody,

    The MTC has been a wonderful experience. The spirit is so strong here. I may have been taking mission preparation class virtually every Sunday, but there is so much more to learn. Our focus is our purpose: To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Yes, oh yes, Melissa may sleep in my bed as she requested. The food is good, it's not "saucy"ish like rumor says. You just need to eat sides of fruits and vegetables. 

     I think the MTC will be like Zion, where the work goes forth as top priority. There is a lovely feel of the spirit, and the scenery is fantastic. I've been practicing with mock investigators and it can be pretty hard to teach. I was completely wrong about how to teach. I had this idea in my head before I came to the MTC about how it would work, but at day one, I found out how wrong I was and how needed it was to have the spirit. Before the MTC, we learn the doctrine; in the MTC, we learn how to preach it. Our focus is to invite others to come unto Christ by first finding their spiritual needs. Teaching doctrine-easy. Teaching doctrine in a personal and receptive way-only by the spirit. 

   The spirit is wonderful here. I've felt it as I testify unto mock investigators and as I've been learning things in my classes. I've given a blessing to one of the sisters in my district, and that was terrific. Scary, but great. 

   If you wish to grow in the gospel, than you must read Preach My Gospel on page 1 and read your purpose. That purpose and executing of that purpose is where we learn as we find out how to teach the gospel that we may fill the spiritual needs of our investigators. By preaching, we grow. It is a doctrine and gospel of sharing. 

     I do see the other Elder Cederlof quite a bit, everyday in fact. I am still looking for Elder Drishinski since he arrived Wednesday. It will be great to see him here since seldom do I see him at all. 

      It's great to know that you all are praying for me and I am praying for you. 

      Melissa, I love you and am so happy to have seen you grow up to how smart and loving and cute you are. I love the cards you've been sending me. And I will never forget you. 

      Landon, take care of your sister. I love you too and think about you every day. I do miss you. 

      Mom, I think of you always in my heart. I am praying everyday for you. You've made me into who I am. Thank you. 

      Dadeo, you have been a great inspiration to me and it will be great to see how a mission can change me just like yours must have changed you.

    Well, I cannot think of much else to say so I'll say this. I testify of the truthfulness of the gospel and how it can change our lives for the better. What better way to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ then by sharing what you do know. 

     The MTC is very humbling. When all is said and done, by the Spirit are people converted. I am an instrument in the mighty hands of God. Humility, humility, humility--for how blessed we are and will be.

Love you all!

 Elder Cederlof, Firstborn.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment